Wednesday, April 21, 2021

burrow myself deep

 The snow on the ground this morning sent me scuttling back to bed to burrow myself deep in the banks of downy blankets. I wasn’t feeling particularly great anyway so all that white was a good excuse to hide myself from humanity.



There hasn’t been much to write about lately as the days are melding into one long boring lonely stretch of time. Oh, we did get outside on Monday and I ‘helped’ Carm set up the new pool filter - and by help I mean offer a never ending stream of ‘helpful’ suggestions… he was in such a good mood that he didn’t even get mad at me! Hero!


Spike re-hurt his leg sometime on Monday…. before then he had started attempting to go up the front steps and was getting around pretty well. I didn’t see what happened but I suspect he slipped on the hardwood floor and splayed himself. I think the injury is in his hip area but it’s hard to tell as he doesn’t resist any leg manipulations. 


He is such a brave and stoic little guy. No complaining and tries so hard to get around on his own. He even runs a bit when he’s happy. He knows when he needs help though and waits for us to lift him.


Sometimes loving a dog so much is hard.


I’ve been giving him CBD but I don’t think it's been a proper dose. I found more info that would suggest that he should have 20mg of cbd twice a day but I’m only giving him 6 once a day - time to increase slowly with 8mg three times a day (which for my notes translates to 6ml of the 15mg/ml strength).


Speaking of CBD… I’ve been taking it pretty consistently since January with great success, but for whatever reason I dropped down the dosage a few days ago. My mood plummeted with negative thoughts becoming stickier, harder to dislodge. I wasn’t feeling awesome. I suddenly realized that I’d reduced the dose so put it back up. Yesterday was okay (although I was wrecked all day from too much THC… another story), and today, especially after a bit of a nap, I’m back to being wonderful! 



Life is good! Even the bit of snow is just a reminder of what March and April usually look like - we were blessed with an early summer this year! 



Note to self: don’t try to crack 9 eggs while be-boppin to ‘American Pie’ - egg white flies everywhere!

A long, long time ago

I can still remember how that music

Used to make me smile

And I knew if I had my chance

That I could make those people dance

And maybe they'd be happy for a while

~Don Mclean


So many favorite songs. I don’t know if I could choose just 1 to be the fav. What would be the barometer of like? How loud I sing? How hard I dance? How many times I play it in a row? or day? or year? I was thinking (like the fool that I am) that I should have a song dedicated to celebrating my last year in my 50s. What music would be representative? Luckily I still have several months to choose. (maybe Queen “We will Rock You”?)


Fox on the run in the backyard:




“In his heart, he always preferred the actuality of loss to the fear of it.”

~Yukio Mishima

No comments: