Thursday, April 29, 2021

need not return for six months

 I don’t know how I fell down that rabbit hole but did you know that Amazon sells colouring books with Jason Momoa… and one that lets you colour animals pooping. What colour would a sloth poop?


With a dentist appointment scheduled for noon, the morning was spent getting cleaned up with a bit of makeup - not something that has been happening with any frequency over the last year… imagine my surprise when Adia ran to her crate expecting a treat! She knew we were going out and was ready to load herself into her prison. She got an extra treat for that!


Spike has been improving in leaps and bounds (literally!). Since I upped the dose of CBD and went to a 3 times per day schedule he’s gotten a bit better every day. Today he got out of bed with no limp, he’s gone down the front steps a few times, and back up twice. He’s even gotten himself onto the futon. He’s not better yet, but we are more hopeful that he’ll make a full recovery. 😚 


We are three weeks vaccinated today.


I will admit to being a bit of a hypochondriac fueled by a slight fear about the AstraZeneca vaccine brought on by way too much time on Facebook… the other day when I got undressed for my bath there was a fist sized bruise (a wild exaggeration) at the top of my leg - what the bleepity bleep!!! I freaked out. Carm took a photo for me and I sent it to my Dr., then I got on the internet to review the list of symptoms for blood clots… I had none. Deep breaths... It took an evening for the panic to subside, but now I’m good. I did hear from the doctor and he said that I’ll be fine ;-)  


It’s a dreary day again today but that’s okay, we need the rain.


Shall I take up colouring as a hobby? 


Speaking of hobbies, I fired up my thinking cap and designed a little database app to calculate cbd dosage depending on the strength of the oil. Then I put together another little db app to track how THC intake affects me. What fields will I want to capture? Which values will come from lookup tables? I don’t have a full fledged Android database but the one I do have is good enough. It was a bit fun to play with skills I’ve long stopped using, a real dusting off of the brain.



“No, my friend, I am not drunk. I have just been to the dentist, and need not return for another six months! Is it not the most beautiful thought?  --Poirot”

~Agatha Christie

No comments: