Friday, April 23, 2021

broken links

 HTTP 404… link rot… or in today’s lingo: 404 days since covid restrictions started. So long. I was reading a thread about covid and one guy went on and on swearing about the whole mess, ending with ‘I’m alone and so lonely’. My heart broke for him and all the other people in the same boat… as I’ve said before, I live a charmed life and it’s never been more apparent than over the last year. Sure, it’s been mentally hard at times, but I’ve got it easy.


Carm’s been working hard at getting the tangle of hoses and connections installed on the pool so we can open it. Today, with one more trip to the pool store, he got the new parts installed and looking good. I popped my head out a few times but thought he might like finishing up without my unending stream of suggestions. I really and truly can’t help it!


Adia was out with him, sticking her nose into everything, trying to understand what was going on, or perhaps if there might be food. Speaking of food, I’ve got a bag of super-dooper treats handy for when she does a long recall at top speed. 


I was fussing around the kitchen singing one of the little ditties that I so often sing and realized that the most pervasive earworms that I’ve had have lasted for years. ‘Do your ears hang low, do they wobble to and fro’ is a multi-daily bit of ‘music’. Sometimes it’s ‘ooh eee ooo haa ting tang walla walla bing bang’. There may be a few loose connections in my head.


Additionally, for decades, it’s a rare morning that I don’t sing the first bit of ‘Brand New Day’ by 10cc. It’s not an uplifting song, in fact, it’s all about death, but hey!


When you open your eyes

To a brand new morning

And the sun shines

Above you

You pull on your breeches and say

Oh well,

It's the start of a brand new day

https://youtu.be/Qes0PqjxaHw



Carm must have done something really really bad in a past life to be subjected to so much out of tune misery!


We saw our first dandylion yesterday!!!! They don’t usually show their sunny little faces until Mothers Day but I guess the weeks of unseasonably warm weather lured them out early. BTW - we do not poison them.




“One could certainly think of a man not in terms of a body but as a single vital current. And this would allow one to grasp the concept of existence as dynamic and on-going, rather than as static.”

~Yukio Mishima

No comments: