Monday, April 5, 2021

we scored appointments

 Zip a dee doo dah day! With an amazing amount of luck the planets aligned and we scored two spots for vaccination. By the time we were both registered there were no spots left. I’ve been searching for days with no appointments to be had anywhere, and it seemed that places may not have even had vaccines… this afternoon the Walmart site finally worked and voila! a few appointments at a town an hour away. Nothing closer. We nabbed them and will enjoy a long drive!


The weather has been un-freaken-believable for the last few days. A high of 14C today encouraged Carm to putter around outside while I cheered him on from the sidelines. To be honest, I was a bit ‘slow’ today after a late night of fun so didn’t have the energy to get the rake out. Such a slothenly life.



We had a traditional Easter supper of ham, boxed scalloped potatoes (cause those things taste amazing), and asparagus. Brandy Alexanders for dessert.


I’ve been right on the cusp of hypomania for ages now but it’s working out and I’m staying on the side of sanity. Oh, there’s more than the usual amount of singing and dancing but I feel in control. It is an awesome feeling! If I could skip and kick up my heels I would.



ice from the pool


Spike’s doing a bit better but he hasn’t had a miraculous recovery. He waits to be carried up and down the stairs which is a big deal for him as he hates being picked up and will normally growl or even try to bite.


A memory came up on Facebook for our Caribbean cruise in 2019 so I visited my blog to read the entries for our trip - gosh, it seems like so long ago and strange to be in such close quarters. If I knew then what I know now I might have been more diligent about having a great time - maybe that’s a lesson to be learned for life in general - enjoy every moment as if it could be your last.



“April hath put a spirit of youth in everything. (Sonnet XCVIII)”

~William Shakespeare

No comments: