Tuesday, April 13, 2021

the green green grass

 Yesterday morning I declared the grass green. Green enough to overtake the dead brown grass that remains and green enough to hint of the emerald that will be here in a few weeks. The life energy in the ground is astounding. From the union of brown clay and warm sun comes life. It seems impossible.



We’ve had more days of nice weather although it’s been accompanied by fierce winds that drive us inside. 


I’m sure that any possible vaccine effects are long over, but a deep fatigue remains. It’s a bit like the old days when I’d have to stay in bed for a few days to recover. Then, like now, my mood starts off okay and gradually diminishes as time goes on. So I’m trying to be vigilant and squash those grey thoughts off right away. And accept that I’m exhausted so that I don’t beat myself up over all the things I’m not doing.


Carm played golf again on Monday!



After doing a search for mood ring toilet seats I ended up on the Wayfair site - there were hundreds of toilet seats of all designs and colours, but sadly no mood ring ones :-)



“But after it's all said and done, don't you want to grow old with your best friend? At the end of the day, that's who you want to share your life and laughter with. Someone who will be there in hard times to hold you tight. Someone who will fight for your honor and support your decisions. Someone who will encourage your dreams and help you to fulfill them.”

~Dannika Dark

No comments: