Friday, March 16, 2012

A Grey Pall

20120312_snow-path_001It has been another rough batch of days but I think I'm on the road to being back to "normal" (whatever that is). There were a few rough days when I couldn't socialize, as well as a few just blah days.  Unfortunately I ended up cancelling a get together with friends that we haven't seen for ages. I'm lucky though that they were very understanding and we'll just reschedule for another time.

 

So with all these days spent dragging around the house we haven't done much that is fun. We took a drive to Giant Tiger so that I could get some new farm boots, and stopped at a new shwarma place in the village for supper. We took a drive to pickup another 100lbs of meat for the dogs. I also spent the day with my Mom looking at venues for their 50th wedding anniversary party, and a trip into Ikea. But all of this was done under a grey pall - even the sun didn't come out to brighten my mood. Or if it did I didn't notice it.

20120316_boots_001

We have had several days of grey drizzle. Somehow that is worse than a grey snowy day, I guess the snow adds a certain amount of brightness. After last nights rain, the snow is mostly all gone, what little is left is mostly just our packed down path. And bits on north facing slopes. The forecast had been for temps in the low teens, but it hasn't worked out that way. I find it difficult to get myself outside for a walk in this weather.

20120316_spike_004

Surely though there have been some pleasures? a visit with Christina who came bearing a loaf of homemade bread ; listening to the return of the geese, and seeing flocks of them dot the sky ; spending some time with my Mom ; receiving a beautiful bouquet of yellow tulips from my friend Christina - there's nothing like flowers to brighten up a grey day.

I hope the sun comes back soon.

20120316_tulips_003

Endure the present, and watch for better things.
Virgil

Love is the ultimate expression of the will to live.
Tom Wolfe

No comments: