Saturday, March 10, 2012

Stop Already

That crazy "Freak Out" song that I posted about yesterday is on an endless loop in my brain. Talk about an ear worm. And I really have to stop reading Time magazine before bed. Last night I read a terrible article about Kim Jong Il and some of the heinous things he did. One particular event stuck in my head - the images are still refusing to leave. I won't repeat what it was here for a few reasons) - 1) writing it down will stick it even more in my mind; and 2) I don't want to pollute your mind either.  Often when I hear or see terrible things my mind fixates on them, I imagine what it would have been like, what if it had been me, how terrifying it would have been, would they have died quickly... well, you get the picture. This is why I avoid violent movies too. Too much brain fodder. It likes to ruminate...

Disney is more my speed so today I was singing Lavender Blue, Dilly Dilly trying to erase the images in my head. It was a strange juxtaposition.

version 1:


 

version 2:


 

I've been surfing around the net looking for interesting blogs about bipolar. Much of what I've found doesn’t interest me, but there are a few that catch me. Yesterday I found one that seemed really interesting - I liked the writing style and enjoyed reading posts from the past - and then I realised that there have been no posts since last September. What happened to the guy? Did he get bored and just stop or did something happen to him. It is sort of upsetting, I just got to know him and then he disappeared. People with blogs should be forced to let people know if they are just going to stop blogging. Two years ago when I was first starting to read the blog world I started reading one by a couple that were full-timers. They seemed interesting and so I read some of the archived posts. Then the next day there was a post from their daughter to say that both Bill & Margie had been killed while out on a walk. It was upsetting. I didn't know them but yet from reading their blog I sort of did. At least we knew what had happened, they hadn't just disappeared.

Pleasures? really orange oranges ; hot buttery popcorn ; bubbles with leftovers ; having the house to myself for a few hours ; Carm coming home again late in the afternoon, in time for a walk outside to enjoy the spring like day.

ggskj1-small

1 comment:

Ruth said...

If it makes you feel better John and I have both had the Doodlebops theme song in our heads for DAYS. Just get rid of it and Carter comes back for a visit.