Thursday, September 6, 2012

Go Ahead and Tread on Me

Today my life started getting back to normal and I managed some time on the treadmill. I had to force myself a bit, but once I got going it was hard to stop. The music blaring in my ears (not really blaring but you get the idea) moved my feet along the tread - how could I not feel motivated with Annie Lennox belting out "I Need a Man". It felt good to get moving again! Even the sweat was a welcome change from the last several days of inactivity.

I don't care if you won't talk to me, you know I'm not that kind of girl
And I don't care if you won't walk with me, it don't give me such a thrill
And I don't care about the way you look, you should know I'm not impressed
'Cause there's just one thing that I'm looking for and he don't wear a dress
I need a man, I need a man, I need a man, I need a man

http://youtu.be/3QFu8SD4sqE

20120906_trailer-repairs_002After being on the tread mill I moved over onto ladder treads… not my favourite place to be (have I ever mentioned how much I hate heights?). However, there was a job to get done - one of the wipers on the slide had come off and needed to be replaced. This sounds simple but most assuredly is not. Carm gave it the first shot - no go. I tried - no go. Carm tried something else - no go. I tried something else - no go. I got a tool that I thought might help. Carm tried again - got a bit on. I tried - not strong enough. Carm got up the ladder again and got the job done. I didn't do much other than hold the ladder. Some of the skin on his arms is actually worn right through, and he's missing some skin on his hands, but the wiper is on and tested. It is not a job we hope to do again soon. Oh, this was out in the blaring hot sun (humidex 33). Slipping into the cool blue water of the pool sure felt good - the perfect reward for sticking with it and getting it done.

20120906_trailer-repairs_010

I was out and about in the truck today. I love driving this big black rumbling beast of a vehicle. With its 23' of length it is no great hell to park, but driving it is fun. Stepping (a bit hard) on the accelerator and feeling pressed back into the seat is a feeling that I never tire of. A sports car would be fun (red of course), but for now I'll stick with a giant sports car demolisher.

20120906_property_004

The dogs have been going crazy every time I step back into the house. It's like they expected me to disappear again and are just so glad that I am returning so soon. There is nothing like a dog for making you feel loved and important.

What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity.
Leo Buscaglia

No comments: