Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A World About to Dawn

I am reaching, but I fall
And the stars are black and cold
As I stare into the void
Of a world that cannot hold
I'll escape now from the world
From the world of Jean Valjean.
There is nowhere I can turn
There is no way to go on!

Red - the blood of angry men!
Black - the dark of ages past!
Red - a world about to dawn!
Black - the night that ends at last!

Can you guess where I was today? Yup - it was my second time seeing Les Miserables! I've never gone to a theatre twice to see a movie, but there you have it, I'm addicted. I went with my Mom and her friend Ann, I'm not sure if they loved it as much as I did, but I did hear some sniffling at the end. In fact the whole theatre was filled with the sound of tissue dabbing eyes. It isn't showing at any first run theatres anymore, but it was playing at a 2nd run one and today was $2.50 Tuesday! Can you believe it - just $2.50. I can't wait until the DVD comes out - I'm sure to burn a hole through it...

As I stepped out of the car to close the gate when I got home, there was a strong smell of cow feed in the air - I just love that smell so I stood and enjoyed it (until the car exhaust blew my way). It was warm too - well over freezing. Maybe this week it will be warm enough to have supper in the camper :-)

When I got in the house Carm informed me that Spike cried for the first 2 hours I was gone. Poor little guy (but really - what a baby). The dogs were all ecstatic - I wonder if each time I leave the house they think I'm never coming back.


Happy Tails!

No comments: