Saturday, March 16, 2013

My Grey Suit

I "got" to wear my grey travelling/funeral suit today - sadly it has gotten worn for funerals (or visitations) three times since I got it. I guess it is either really bad luck for people around me or it was a good buy. Regardless, today we went to our (past) neighbor's visitation. You may recall that I mentioned that he went missing several months ago, well, they found him... I don't know how Louise (his wife) kept herself so composed, I'm quite certain I'd be hysterical knowing that my spouse had been murdered.

On the bright side, I saw a few neighbors that I haven't seen for a long time. I often think of these people but time seems to spin away and we never get in contact.

I haven't seen a Canada Goose, or a Robin, or a Red-wing Blackbird since I last wrote about them. The weather has been cold - well below freezing - so maybe they moved back south. I hope they are okay. With the cold weather I've been able to walk on the crust of snow so the dogs are getting a good run in the field. I've even tramped down around the creek (which is flowing).


Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard

No comments: