Friday, March 15, 2013

Sew Terrific

I got the second sofa cushion done today. It went pretty well except for the 6 inches that I had to rip out and re-do... but at least I didn't stick a pin up my nail bed like I did yesterday (ouch).

Merikay commented that she doesn't decorate her camper, everything is functional, and I've gotta say that is the sane thing to do. But since I'm INSANE ;-) I like to pretty things up. I think part of it is creating a calming visual environment for when my mood is a little high and my thoughts are erratic. It gives me pleasure to look around and see things looking a certain way. It helps me to order my mind. Luckily for me Carm just goes with the flow, whether it is flowery pink roses or crazy blue paisley (he's a keeper).

There haven't been any gratuitous dog photos lately so here are three.





I'm afraid that the devil got a hold of me again today and dragged me to D&S Southern Comfort BBQ... oh my. Beef brisket with sides of mac & cheese balls (think gooey cheesy mac & cheese deep fried), and coleslaw. I ate about 1/2 of it, and if I had been smart would have left it behind, but the leftovers are now chilling in the fridge. So don't ask me how the plant-based whole foods diet is going, unless you mean am I eating a whole bunch of foods that are no good for me. Carm called it when we were finished eating by saying that he wished we had stuck with our grilled salmon, green beans and lemony quinoa dinner.

We got home just as the sun was setting.






For the mind disturbed, the still beauty of dawn is nature's finest balm.
Edwin Way Teale

No comments: