Tuesday, January 13, 2015

a bit of a datum… er…data deja vu

The scrabble with the database software is coming to an end. I’ve got 9 tables built already with a few more rolling about my head. Some data (or is that datum) from my PC has been imported - I see lots of excel csv files in my future – I’ve done my share of data wrangling in excel in my past life, hopefully I still remember how!

Today was a day of pleasures much like any other, although I have been forgetting to be mindful at times. I got my hair cut – don’t you just love the feeling of going from shaggy, its too long now and bugging me, to fresh cut. It was bitterly cold, but the sun was brilliant. The squeaky crunch of my boots on the snow sounded so clean. I took my bath early today so that I could float like a dust mite in the sunbeam that streamed into the tub. The sun shone in from every angle. Cold outside, hot bath inside. Yes, life is good. Well, almost all good – part of the bath was interrupted by a long debate about data/datum (I’m pretty sure my eyeballs rolled to the back of my head for a moment)… Favourite tunes erased the cloud of debate.

Do you ever listen to a song and think that it is beautiful and says everything that you want to say… but then look at the lyrics online and see that you’ve missed something important and it isn’t the message you want to send at all?

 

I remembered every moment between us, and every moment felt more precious as time passed.

~Shannon A. Thompson

No comments: