Monday, January 19, 2015

Hermey in the village

It's official - I'm retired. It seems like yesterday, yet also forever ago that I had my last day of work (for the record it was just over 4 years ago), yet I kept making the trek to the city - downtown no less - for my dentist appointments. Walking into the building that I worked at for over 29 years felt strange. Driving 35 minutes to downtown O. with all the traffic and parking challenges was, well… stupid.

Today I had my first appointment with my new dentist, who as it turns out was my old dentist's dentist (how many dentists can I fit one sentence?). It was a long 7 minute drive during which I didn't see another car on the road. Easy :-) 

As a treat for my brilliance we went out for a naughty breakfast of bacon and eggs!

The winter is starting to get to me - my mood has shifted slightly downward, but more noticeable than that (to me anyway) is the heavy plastecine stodge that is now my brain. Thinking is hard. Writing is hard. My muse has run away with the spoon.  But I'll get through it - I think of you and smile.

I really didn't feel like getting on the treadmill today, but I reminded myself it was only for 15 minutes, and to lure myself I put an episode of ‘Downton Abbey’ on my tablet to entertain me. I didn't walk quickly but I did get on and stayed on for 20 minutes so I consider it a win.

 

Cherish the beauty and cherish the pain, both will give you experience and you will never be the same. ~Nikki Rowe

1 comment:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Being retired is GOOD:)-official or not!