Saturday, May 27, 2017

great bursts of leaves

I’m sitting in the villetta looking around and wracking my brain to figure out what’s missing… what else should I pack? I haven’t tackled food yet, that will come tomorrow, but in the meantime I am mapping out a menu plan so I just pack what I need and not what I might need if we were going to be 100 miles from a store for two months. I’m a bad one for ‘just in case’ (which btw, rarely happens).

I’ve got my Google tasks set up and am editing them on my phone, tablet, and wablet. Each has its strengths, but it is fairly ridic to be using so much hardware. Uber Geek. (and fyi fighting with windows 10 tablet at every try).

The mosquitoes are fierce today – all my comings and goings from the trailer has filled it up with the pesky things. Thankfully we are having a summer day – hot and sunny. Nice for me (although the front of the trailer is now over 80F), but maybe not as nice for Carm as he’s been chopping the grass/hay. It is growing quickly and may have even put on an inch or two today.

The dogs are clueing into the idea that we might be going camping. They leap from their beds every time I go into the house, circling me so as not to be forgotten. Grace has been out of the picture as she has spent the day outside on the back deck. She looks content to be watching the comings and goings of the robins that are nesting nearby. She must have been relaxed as she had a bath in her oversize water dish.

One last flurry of activity: swing onto deck! It really is summer now :-)


And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” ~F. Scott Fitzgerald

No comments: