Tuesday, May 23, 2017

the earth laughs

Preparations for our next trip started today. Actually I should say tripS as our cruising clothes are washed and packed for our next cruise.

The camper needs its spring repack as well. I went through my clothes and stripped the sheets of the bed for washing. The backseat of the truck was pulled apart with a quilt for the laundry and old foams stored. New, thinner, denser foams will be installed tomorrow after the laundry is done.

20170520_636

In between each task I wandered down the laneway and basked in the fragrance of apple blossoms. The front of the house, by the steps, was awash in the aroma of honeysuckle and lilac. It is a heady delight.

I did have to dodge the cow plops on the laneway as I went about my day – the neighbors cows got loose yesterday and came to our place, taking down some of our fences and leaving calling cards.

Carm is the fourth of the intrepid travellers to come down with a cold – he’s lucky though as he’s nicely at home with no amazing sights to miss out on.

Earth laughs in flowers. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: