Monday, May 1, 2017

technohassle

I've been wrangling various bits of technology when I haven't been doing trip prep. I downloaded my camera software onto the new wablet but when I tried to connect my camera and transfer the files everything burst into fire (figuratively of course). First, I couldn't see the photos from the camera. I puzzled and looked and then out of the corner of my eye noticed the memory card that I had taken out. Dooh.

Got the memory card in with great hope only to find it was a big case of 'you can't get here from there'. Arg. The pictures downloaded okay, but I hadn't properly setup the rename of the directories, so all my NZ photos are in one giant folder without dates on the files. Bother. Tried to carry on regardless to no avail. Camera photo editing software would not see my photos even though I could see them in Windows Explorer. Bother. Font in the app is so tiny that I can barely see it, let alone stick my finger on it. Bother. Will have to download from camera using camera software then edit the files using an ancient version of Irfanview. Clunky. But I suppose no worse than what I had to do in my tablet. So that's okay.

Suitcases and carryons are laid out in a grid on the spare bed leaving no part of the bed uncovered. I think I've got everything but my brain has been so muddled lately that I'm not really sure of anything at all. Do know that my camera battery is charged and packed, along with the charger. Pills are packed. There are at least some clothes packed. Everything else we could somehow manage without.

Yesterday Carm chipped a tooth. Lucky for him the dentist slipped him into the schedule today so Carm is all fixed up. Whew. Talk about timing. Which of course makes me crazy thinking about all the things that can go wrong between now and the end of our trip. I haven't felt this anxious for a few months so should try meditating or something.

My feet are freezing and a really ugly colour of mottled blue cause I did a self-pedicure today and am supposed to let the nail polish cure for several hours before socks. Of course today is cold and rainy.

It is POSSIBLE that today is 'Green Day'. I haven't been off the property for a few days so only have the trees around the house to go by and they are definitely green. With this rain, the grass is so verdantly green it looks fake. A good fake, one that causes my heart to leap in my chest with hope for sunnier days.

In 2013, on this day, we were camping in our new to us camper (the villetta). The weather was fantastic and we were nearly euphoric with thoughts of our upcoming trip to Alberta.

"I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is pressed
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.”
~Joyce Kilmer

No comments: