Sunday, January 13, 2019

Huatulco Mexico

Update: I have removed all the lovely photos and am trying to post this again as I tried 3 times yesterday and used up over 10 of my precious minutes - it is now Sunday and we are back from an excursion to Granada, Nicaragua, but more about that in another post.

This is from yesterday, Saturday Jan 12th:

I am relaxing on the balcony watching the petrols (?) glide beside the ship... today is a sea day, a time to relax and recharge from the hectic day yesterday. Let's see, we woke up late, had breakfast (of course more eating), then wandered off the boat onto the beach not far from the dock. We had no problem finding some lounge chairs - $10US for 2 chairs, an umbrella, a table, and 2 for $5 beers.

Andy and Edna joined us not long after so we spent a day visiting, swimming, and generally relaxing. The weather was fantastic: a balmy 32C with a light breeze coming off the sea.


By 2pm we'd had enough surf and sand, plus we were getting a tiny bit hungry, so we traipsed back onto the ship, surprisingly tired after the exertion of walking through deep sand.

A quick lunch and then my head hit the pillow and I was asleep in a flash. For a few hours! In fact, when I woke up it was time for supper so we had to quickly get freshened up.

I don't know how I did it, but after supper we managed to take in the show (an amazing magician), and then linger at the Wheelhouse until well past 11pm.


Andy & Edna joined us, as did a charming couple from Ireland - Ninna and Brian. I think we were all tired though - we did get up and dance, but conversation was slow, with long pauses as we listened to the band. Carm asked the singer to do 'Girl from Ipanapa' - she called out to Carm (by name - we've been there too many times!) and played it, her lovely voice doing justice to the song.

I may need another long, long nap today!


It is now noon - I've been writing on and off all morning - and we've been to a lecture on Costa Rica, sat at the coffee place for a double espresso (it didn't help), and lingered at Crooners for a cranberry & soda (refreshing but it didn't perk me up). In a few minutes I'll walk down to the International Cafe for another coffee :-0  and to post my blog. One of the cruise directors said it was the best location for fast internet.

I don't even know what day it is - and continue to float in a bubble. Thankfully Pat sends photos of the pets now and again which keeps my anxiety levels low. A little peek at the poodles makes my day.


No comments: