Friday, January 25, 2019

Panama

Panama City… an unlikely skyline. I certainly wasn’t expecting a modern city with buildings scraping the sky.



The Panama Canal





I didn’t get any fantastic photos here - it was perhaps the worst day of my cold and I could barely drag myself out of bed. I stumbled to the top of the ship at daybreak to see us pass under the first bridge, crashed on a deck chair until we started to get close to the first locks. Couldn’t see much from that vantage point so headed down to our room and the balcony. I got a good view of some things (the mules were interesting)... and then once we were in one lock fell onto the bed and into a deep (but interrupted by coughing) sleep. I woke up on and off, watching the world pass by my open window, and lurching out to the balcony to see a bit more. It really was a rip off, but I did the best I could.

Carm was out all day, hither and thither, finding new and interesting places to watch from, occasionally stopping in our room to make sure I was still alive.

I’d say we’d have to do it again, but I am wondering if cruising life is for me. Don’t get me wrong - I love the actual cruise, but getting sick sucks (she said still coughing up phlegm).

No comments: