Friday, January 25, 2019

Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and formal night


Sitting on the balcony on a sea day. Hundreds of birds circled the ship, soaring on the air currents stirred up by our passage. I kept my  eyes peeled and even saw a sea turtle pass by. Some people saw dolphins, but I wasn’t as lucky.


Some dancers in Nicaragua


The two volcanoes can be seen across the water, also in Nicaragua. Ooops… wrong photo. This one is across Lake Nicaragua - Carm is using his phone to take photos - he was a photo taking demon (I should ask how many he took!)


Costa Rica

Coffee plantation


Ox Cart factory. The paintings reminded me of some Norse handicrafts.




Carm was supposed to take a photo of the cart with me at the edge, not in the middle!

Formal Night

Unfortunately the lighting was dim so the photos didn’t turn out very well. Andy and Edna were originally from Scotland so Andy wore his dress ‘trows’ (not sure of the exact spelling), which are plaid will trousers. They both looked dashing!



The photos were taken in the ‘hall’ outside of the Wheelhouse, our venue of choice for the evening. In the past we’ve always spent some time in our rooms at night, but not this trip! It may have been that the drinks package made it easier to have a glass of wine out and about (or in my case on many nights: several soda waters), or it might have been the comfortable environ with comfy sofas and chairs, (gotta get me a few of those chairs for home!), or it might have been the wonderful band that played every night, or maybe all of the above, combined with Andy & Edna’s company.

1 comment:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Brings back good memories except for formal night") I try to avoid getting dressed up:))