Thursday, November 22, 2012

Driveway Camping

You probably already guessed from the title that we spent the night last night in our new digs! I even cooked supper out there (just a simple one dish meal). The counter space worked out (mostly) fine, but I had trouble finding a place to put my pot lid down! This morning I put a tall stool in there to see if having a small island will do the trick, without getting in the way.



With some candles flickering, the fireplace gently warming and just the right lights on it was a very lovely spot to have a meal. We listened to music, watched tv and generally had a relaxing evening. It is very cosy in the evening and the thermopane windows make it easy for the furnace to keep it toasty. We even got the tv in the bedroom to work - it is built into the ceiling above the bed so we hope it never breaks down as it would be $$ to fix (if it was even possible to find a replacement). Including the sleep number bed, there are NINE remotes!!! Isn't that just totally ridiculous for a camper!!!! It's embarrassing just to think about it.



The sleep number bed is to die for... it is so much more comfortable than our stix&brix mattress, I may have to move out to the Tardis (?) permanently!

This morning I handed Grace a huge beef rib that was leftover from our outing the other day. She held onto for dear life (it was as tall as she is), but of course I didn't have my camera handy. By the time I ran out to the camper to get it she was tired and dropped it just as I walked back in the room. Try as I might she wouldn't hang onto it again (but was more than happy to chow down while I held the giant bone).



Today we worked on getting the basement stuff loaded (that's the storage that is accessed from the outside). As with the rest of the camper there is somewhat less room so there was some purging done... I will admit to losing my temper at one point. But the job did get done... but will require some fine tuning in the spring...

No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.
John Donne

No comments: