Sunday, August 2, 2015

Clover in the air

I stepped out the door this morning and took a deep breath. It is clover time and the aroma is on the breeze. Ahhh… one more deep breath. We have been getting use of the pool and have been spending more time on the deck enjoying the summer. Good thing too as the sweltering days are about to come to an end.

Saturday we took a break from the deck and drove into town to visit Carm's mom and go (wait for it)… shoe shopping. If you've been following along for a while you know that this is a dreaded activity. But shoes wear out and need to be replaced - even my favorite ones. I scored my current summer sandals 9 or 10 years ago. They are (were) super comfortable, even from day one, but alas, the soles have worn out, leaving me walking on what seems like concrete.

Online searches led us to try Sail first. I was making my final decision (neither were exactly what I wanted) when the fire alarm started blaring and the store was evacuated. Hurrump.  But wait - across the parking lot was a Skechers outlet! My beloved sandals are Skechers. Away we went. Rows and rows of shoes greeted us, however the twin of my shoes was not to be found. I started trying on shoes. One pair was really comfy - not at all what I wanted, and in fact not a sandal at all (I need my head examined). There was a sale so I chose another pair - these shoes were birkenstock look-alikes but with a better (to my mind) sole. Ka-ching and we were out the door.

Once home I started test driving them around the house a bit more. The black GoWalk shoes - good. The brown birk-a-likes - not. They'll have to go back to the store. Or maybe they'll both go back and I'll get one of the pairs from Sail. I'll waffle until the last moment. Why is this so hard for me? I chose the hardwood for the bedroom in 15 minutes!

All very boring and stressful.

No comments: