Friday, May 24, 2013

A Cold and Rainy Day

We woke up to the sound of rain again today. I stepped out of bed and FROZE! The temps had dropped overnight, leaving the inside temperature at 60F... burrr. I quickly got dressed, turned on the furnace, added another sweater, and then a coat and took the dogs out for a quickie. After a cup of coffee we realized that the rain wasn't really going to hold off for a long walk so I dashed out with coats and rubber boots.

Spike took my place on the sofa whenever he got a chance. He just has to lift his head up and then he can see out of one of the many windows. Hummm... lets count.... 10 windows all together, including the bedroom and the hall (yes, one in the hall).








Much of the rest of the day was spent with the fireplace flickering (and adding heat). I played around with my camera a bit - it took some amazing shots in really dim light. The one of me in the mirror was taken in the bedroom with the blinds closed on both windows. It was seriously dim in there, but look at the brightness captured! I am getting more and more thrilled with my Nikon p7700.



Tea was a welcome warm-me-up in the afternoon. Of course I had to take a photo. All the photos on this page were taken without a flash, in very dim light.






Love keeps the cold out better than a cloak.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

1 comment:

Merikay said...

Love the teapot. I'm afraid Craig and I are tea bag people. It's just so much easier, but not as elegant.