Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Woody the Woodpecker

Finally, here's a picture of Elvira, our 2013 Subaru Crosstrek. She's a cute little thing and fun to drive. We have taken every opportunity to take her for a run - although I've only gotten to drive it once! She's even been to the car wash.





Today I was outside cleaning the truck (gasp) when I heard this loud metallic clatter - WHAT was that???? It stopped for a bit and then started up again. This time I took a walk around, first thinking that it was some sort of equipment stuck on the bridge. No. More clatter led me to look over at the satellite dish where a little woodpecker was hammering away at the lmb. The cheeky little devil let me get pretty close before it flew away - alas I had no camera with me. It wasn't long after I was back at the truck when I heard it again. This time I ran into the house to get my camera and got a picture.




Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Thomas A. Edison