Thursday, May 2, 2013

Our First Full Day Campering in Our New Villetta


Our first full day camping I was up early and out for a walk with the dogs. I hung onto their leashes tightly as there was fresh deer scat on the path we were walking on. Yikes! I can guarantee that they will go berserk if they see a deer. Once back at the camper I enjoyed a quiet cup of coffee while I puttered around rearranging things a bit.

Once Carm was up and breakfasted we went out for another walk, this time a bit longer and in an area we have seen deer in the past. No sightings today though. Carm was having lunch with his mom so left me, Grace and the dogs to enjoy a bit of the afternoon. It was hot and sunny so one of the first things I did was put out the two awnings.

Have I mentioned how much I love the automatic awning?

The camper is starting to feel like home, although I still find it enormous and over the top. Maybe that's a good thing though? Seriously though, I can really no longer say we are going "camping"! Carm says "RVing", but I'm not fussed with that term. I've heard some people say "campering" - I like it, although maybe it would be more accurate to say "villaing", or maybe "TajMahaling", or how about "condoing"? I've got it: "villetta-ing", the Italian word for cottage. Here I am babbling - not enough sleep (again) and too much coffee!

Kabira and Spike enjoying the sun this afternoon. Campering is relaxing!



I don't have a photo of her, but if she had lips Grace would be smiling :-) We can tell she is happy by the way she puffs her feathers just so. Today, outside, she looks very pleased. She is happy inside too as she has windows on two sides of her cage.

Today Carm and I are celebrating our 26th year from our first date. I can't even imagine that 26 years have gone by! We are pretty happy to be celebrating in our new digs. No KFC today though, instead we are having grilled salmon, lemony quinoa, and a mixed vegetable salad.. Yum.


For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.
Judy Garland