Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Almost Rain

We really got to check out the inside of the villetta today as it was cool and on the verge of rain all day. Luckily we got out for a long walk in the morning, and another short walk late afternoon. I had just finished feeding the dogs outside (messy meat needs to be eaten outside!), when a big thunderstorm rolled in, complete with pouring rain.

With the weather I didn't get to test out my camera in bright light situations, but I guess it is a good thing to figure out the dreary day settings. I'd been playing around with it on and off all day when I finally sat down and read the manual a bit, and discovered yet another dial for setting something or other. There are so many settings that it may be next to impossible to get the good shot!



Since the weather was so bad we decided to treat ourselves to a club sandwich at the Basket Case - the best club anywhere! We really should have gone out and walked another few miles... but I took the dogs for a short walk while Carm went and helped someone. He was still there when I was finished walking so I meandered over and got caught up with Suzanne (who we met last year), and make the acquaintance with Colette. One of the things I enjoy about camping is socializing.

Since we had such a naughty lunch, we had a healthy supper: sauteed onion, garlic, mushrooms, red peppers and bok choy, with Chinese 5 Spice and fresh Thai basil. It was very tasty - I hope I can remember how I made it for a redo! I have some tofu that I was going to add, but forgot - dooh. (p.s. pretty nice kitchen eh!)



We have had CNN on and feel for the people affected by the Oklahoma tornado. What incredible destruction. Did you see the interview of the older lady who had lost her dog, and then a small sound and there it was buried in the rubble? It was very moving and of course I cried.

I am a being of Heaven and Earth, of thunder and lightning, of rain and wind, of the galaxies.
Eden Ahbez

No comments: