Thursday, May 23, 2013

Let the Rain Kiss You

It was a bit of a yuck day today, but it could have been far worse. There were wicked thunderstorms overnight and the rain continued into the morning. I was able to dash out between the raindrops first thing in the morning so the pooches could have a quick p... then we had to wait for a break in the pouring rain to get them out for a proper walk. We love having internet here - it is easy to check the weather radar to see what is coming and... what kind of a break from the rain we will have. We were in luck! The rain was ending and it looked like the next wave would slip to the south of us, giving us a good chance for a long walk.



As you can see from the photo, they are getting more tired by the day. All of them were lagging way before we were 1/2 way though the walk. This is pretty typical for the first few camps of the year.


The rain held off for the rest of the day, with the sun playing hide and seek behind huge banks of clouds. We used that as an excuse to go for a drive - destination? Ice cream! With a quick stop at a local RV dealer to look for a part to make the trip more official.









I got to test taking a photo from a moving car. I think it turned out okay.




Even though we treated ourselves to frozen treats, we stuck with a healthy salmon, quinoa and green bean supper. I got to test the "food" setting on my camera. I discovered a handy white balance adjustment by using the flash setting button (note to self, no flash in this scene setting). As the days pass I find myself more and more happy with the camera. I'm gonna have fun with all the settings :-)




Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby.
Langston Hughes

No comments: