Thursday, May 16, 2013

I'm on the Top of the World

I was watching "Dark Shadows" (with Johnny Depp) and one of the songs that played was "I'm on the top of the world" by the Carpenters. Memories came rushing back of singing this song while sitting at the top of doorways. I know, weird sounding. I was 11 and I'd put my back against the door jam or wall and with my feet against the opposite side I'd "walk" my way up the doorway till I was sitting at the top. Hummm.... I was perhaps a bit of a strange child!

BTW - good movie. Johnny Depp as always plays a terrific "character". He's mesmerizing.

Tomorrow I'll be cutting some lilac to bring into the house.




The apple trees are fully in bloom now - one good wind and the display will be disbursed onto the ground. But now - wow!



I pretty much try to stay in a constant state of confusion just because of the expression it leaves on my face.
Johnny Depp

No comments: