Thursday, May 30, 2013

Tally-ho to the Rally-o!

It was as beautiful morning as anyone could have wished for. I lay wide awake since 4am so by 6 I was up and getting on with the day. I think if I hadn't had a million things that I wanted to get done before we left this morning I might have gotten another 2 or more hours of sleep, but I did, so I didn't!

I was happy to be out with my camera to get a few photos in the early morning light. I still have lots to learn about taking photos into the sun, but I think these two shots turned out okay.






We got on the road at 10:01 - one minute past our scheduled departure time - not bad for retired folks ;-)



We pulled into a rest stop about 1/2 way into the trip for a short break. We'll have to get better at long trips though as we'll never get to Alberta if we have to stop every hour or two! Look how huge the camper looks!!!! We are actually going to drag that beast all the way to Medicine Hat (and beyond). Crazy!

It was a short 2+ hours and we arrived at our destination - Rideau Acres for our 4th time at this Titanium Rally. What fun! As soon as we pulled into our site we started to reacquaint ourselves with friends from last year. I didn't even need to study my cheat sheet very hard to remember most of the names. There is a pretty good turn-out this year - around 35 rigs! Not all Titanium's anymore though as the company has been out of business a few years and some people have moved onto other brands - they still show up though.



This afternoon people started gathering for the "meet & greet", this evening there is an information session that will lay out the activities for the next week. So I'd better post this, spray my ankles with mosquito spray and head over to the campfire!


Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
Helen Keller

No comments: