Tuesday, May 26, 2020

a terrible piling up of the dead

With record setting temperatures today it was no wonder that Carm arrived home from golf in a hot mess. So hot that he jumped into the 72F pool! Brrrrr… not for me but he seemed to enjoy it.


I was a little more moderated in my exposure to the Saharan sun. I did get a bit of vitamin D but didn’t stay out long enough to melt. The dogs had a few short outings too - with this heat even Adia didn’t do the zoomies!


I really need this whole disaster to be over… I’m fighting anxiety every day and have been feeling like I don’t have the energy to do anything. Today, aside from making Grace’s grain ‘mash’ for the next few weeks, I barely moved from the sofa. I read a bit, but I also sat mesmerized by the stupid craft videos on facebook for far too long. Something needs to change, and I know that it has to be me… but how? 

Have you seen any of the news coverage of all the people flaunting distancing guidelines. It almost makes me cry with frustration and anger. How dare they!  Every single one of them should have their photos posted at hospital intake desks as ‘do not treat’ due to stupidity. I suppose following news might be a big part of my anxiety.

So what am I doing now? Watching Anderson Cooper get emotional about all that’s going on. When the news guys get upset how can I be expected to let it roll off my back? It’s all so draining...


Headline tonight:  Over one hundred thousand deaths in US. 1,725,388 cases with 100,545 deaths in the US. There are a total of 86,647 (85,698 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 6,639 (6,541 yesterday) deaths today.


“He saw a picture in his mind of a terrible piling up of the dead. It came from his contemplation of the church, but it had its own clarity: the row on row, the deep rotting earth hollowed out to hold them, while the efforts of the living, with all their works and wars and great buildings, were no more than the beat of a wing against the weight of time.”
~Sebastian Faulks

No comments: