Friday, May 1, 2020

Greensleeves was my delight

Suddenly this afternoon a cloak of green lay upon the ground and stretched tendrils onto the shrubs near the house. When I look out the window the green shimmers with the promise of summer. 


It wasn’t particularly nice this morning with racing clouds and high wind but I was drawn outside and motivated to start getting a few things ready for summer. My spirits had definitely risen. Once inside we decided to get busy in the basement and put together a shelf unit that we’d purchased a few months ago. It was great to get a bunch of stuff off the floor and to get my pantry better organized. 

I’m a bit worried that the reality tv hoarding people will descend on the house so no photos of our great work!

Our afternoon cookie was well earned today!

Yesterday we ordered 4 adirondack chairs from Canadian Tire but their curb-side pickup is backed up so we are unlikely to get them in time for this weekend’s warm days. I can’t wait to set them out on the grass :-)


Headline tonight:  1,129,060 cases with 65,724 deaths in the US. There are a total of 55,061 (53,021 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 3,391 (3,180 yesterday) deaths to date.


“Greensleeves was my delight,
Greensleeves my heart of gold
Greensleeves was my heart of joy
And who but my lady Greensleeves.”

No comments: