Thursday, May 21, 2020

on the links

We were gifted another beautiful day. Carm got out to the golf course for the first time this year while I stayed home and putzed around, busy but nothing to show for it. Well, that’s not really true - I got into the garden and divided some hostas - this is a banner day for me as I did not inherit my mother’s green thumb.


By 2pm I’d already washed the instant pot 3 times and readied two of them for supper: Asian ginger chicken with rice with a big salad on the side. This morning I made a big batch of bone broth - some for the dogs and some for us. I soft boiled a few eggs - 2 min HP, releasing pressure right away. It wasn’t quite long enough. And then I stumbled across a recipe for rice pudding… I’ve had a craving so I got busy and whipped up a batch - unfortunately it is too darn easy!!!

With all this eating I took a look back in my daily log to see where the scale was at the beginning of Covid-19… it is some sort of miracle but I haven’t really gained any weight! It’s been vacillating within 2 lbs of my starting weight so something that I’m doing must be working. Maybe lifting my stand mixer is more exercise than I thought!

It was nice enough to eat outside again :-)  although mosquitos were starting to lurk. One of the reasons we eat supper early.



Headline tonight:  Schools in Ontario to remain closed until September. 1,620,767 cases with 96,314 deaths in the US. There are a total of 81,324 (81,121 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 6,152 (6,028 yesterday) deaths today.


“Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.”
~Maya Angelou

No comments: