Saturday, May 9, 2020

Spring arose on the garden fair

Snow again today. It was off and on with no accumulation but zeesh - looking out the window on May 9th and seeing snow falling is horrible. On this day in 2012 our apple trees were in full blossom. This year… only the odd bud here and there. Dismal.

It would have been a good day for staying in bed and reading but I pried myself out of the covers and got to work on making bone broth for the dogs, and later on, cookies for us. Cooking is the main thing keeping me going all these 8 weeks tomorrow.

I saw a thing on the news last night about a guy doing a marathon (or maybe it was a 10k) in the hospital so I thought maybe I’d do one by walking loops of the short field. I got an app loaded and did one loop - 0.12 miles which would mean I’d have to do 40 circuits to make a 10k. I’d wear a deep trench if I did that in a day, but maybe I’ll try to aim for more laps than I normally do. Not today though - I can’t bear the thought of being out in the snow :-(

Carm picked up my new Ninja blender today at Canadian tire. Not curbside as today is the first day they are open, but fully garbed with a mask, he went inside. I worried that it would be busy but he said (and maybe just to keep me calm) that it wasn’t busy at all. I stayed home to mind the instant pot and perhaps to have just an hour or two to myself… 

After 3 hours online with buddies my tablet was nearing 0 battery so here’s the end of the day!


Headline tonight:  1,347,309 cases with 80,037 deaths in the US. There are a total of 67,702 (66,326 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 4,693 (4,567 yesterday) deaths to date.


“And Spring arose on the garden fair,
Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;
And each flower and herb on Earth’s dark breast
rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.”
~Percy Bysshe Shelley

No comments: