Saturday, May 30, 2020

sun of compassion

I toodled around the property this morning, Adia at my side, letting Nature calm me. I was being proactive, trying to nip any sense of doom in the bud. It seems to have worked as I managed to keep busyish for much of the day. Oh, I didn’t accomplish much, (and certainly not as much as Carm who muscled the lawnmower),  but feel satisfied.



The honeysuckle by the front deck has been in full bloom for a week now. I always threaten to cut the whole thing down and then it does this… how can I kill something so beautiful. Plus it attracts all sorts of little birds. 


A few of us were lamenting the lack of hair services last night and I said I’d post a photo of myself with my wild hair. It actually doesn’t look that bad since I usually go for the messy look, assuming you can get past my double chin. I’m not great at taking selfies - I can never get the camera and my head at just the right angle. I guess I could practice?



Overnight a cold front rolled in dropping the temps to a normal range and this afternoon we finally got a bit of much needed rain. 



Headline tonight:  Over 7000 deaths in Canada now. Rioting continues across the USA. 1,815,166 cases with 105,529 deaths in the US. There are a total of 90,166 (88,512 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 7073 (6,877 yesterday) deaths today.



“When the Sun of compassion arises darkness evaporates and the singing birds come from nowhere.”

~Amit Ray

No comments: