Saturday, May 23, 2020

what you can rise from

It’s a little bit cooler today - no shorts and sleeveless shirt - I ended up changing into sweetlegs and a light t-shirt - the wind is howling, but the sun is out with nary a cloud in the sky. Lovely!


Carm manned the lawnmower while I putzed around the house with my little vacuum and then the kitchenaid. I made peanut butter cookies today and they were almost ruined… at the very last minute I saw that I’d forgotten baking powder… I sprinkled some on the already prepared dough and ran the machine again. You would be right to guess that my cookies were flat. They still taste good though!

Spike was in fine fettle today even running around outside a bit. He seems to have figured out how to get up the front stairs, maybe even better than BC (before cone). [scratch that… he crashed up the stairs at supper time]


The apple blossoms are finally open! The trees are sparsely flowered this year though - there won’t be a bumper crop of apples - poor Adia will be disappointed as she does love her apples.

I made Cuban Picadillo for supper tonight - a super easy dish of ground pork, onion, green pepper, green olives, diced tomatoes and a bunch of weird spices - I’ll make it again. It would scale up nicely for a crowd.


Headline tonight:  1,666,828 cases with 98,683 deaths in the US. There are a total of 83,621 (81,420 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 6,355 (6,245 yesterday) deaths today.


“You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”
~Maya Angelou

No comments: