Friday, December 18, 2020

a swish of tender hilarity

 A bright sun gave way to a crescent moon and with a clear sky our thoughts turned to celestial delights. The Christmas star was being born before our eyes as jupiter and saturn were drawn together, creating a brighter spot in the sky. They aren’t touching yet, that will happen on Solstice, but will be hidden from us by a veil of clouds.


Cookies! Today’s were Italian Lemon Almond cookies - dense and a bit dry with a lovely lemony taste. These ones have no butter or flour, just almond meal, sugar, lemon zest, and egg whites. Oh, and just so you know you’ve had a cookie, a dusting of powdered sugar to fall off onto your black shirt. They aren’t rolled with a rolling pin but were squished into shape with my fingers so they have a rustic appearance. 



That’s number 6 done… number 7 probably tomorrow. 


I’ve been driving Carm crazy (although he does try to keep a straight face), my headphones trapping the music into my ears as I swirl around the house like some rotund sprite with a poor sense of rhythm. I try not to sing out loud, but gosh, sometimes that’s impossible!


I can’t believe it’s Friday again, and it’s even harder to believe that I’ve said this 39 times since we first locked down… It’s weird but time is flying by so quickly it makes my head spin.



After yesterday’s lager we revisited an IPA today. It was a typical bitter IPA with no citrus. Good, but not the best.



“What she felt was a lighthearted sort of compassion, almost like laughter. A swish of tender hilarity, getting the better of all her sores and hollows, for the time given.”

~Alice Munro

No comments: