Wednesday, December 2, 2020

dentist

 At 7:30 this morning the shock of sudden music blaring jolted me out of sweet dreams into the real world… the real world that included dentists… It was almost a year to the day that we last visited the dentist as Covid-19 cancelled our last appointment, but alas, the time had come. To add to the misery, it was snowing just a bit.


After the dentist we dashed to Costco so Carm could go foraging among the stacked pallets. He came out of the store with everything on his list, including 8 rolls of tiny micro dot led lights. My intrepid hunter :-)  A few more quick stops and we were driving through snow squalls on our way home. No accumulation thankfully. It was with no small amount of relief when we turned into the laneway.


Poor wee Spike had an accident while we were gone. He doesn’t have stamina anymore so I’ll try leaving out a pee pad next time we go out. If that doesn’t work he’ll have to be crated which will break my heart - he hasn’t had to be caged since before he was a year old.



Once the groceries were unloaded Carm hoisted the Christmas tree up from the basement. We needed to rearrange the furniture a bit (Adia’s giant crate was in the tree’s spot), but then with a flourish the tree was unveiled, already decorated and ready to be plugged in! Decorating the tree is my least favorite part of rolling out Christmas so it is a great pleasure to have it already done.



Finally, I cracked open the box of batteries to power the light strands. I already had several sets on the go - now, with today’s haul, I’ve got 14 strands distributed around the living room. I see one more spot that needs a little light. It brings me joy! but I do foresee a certain amount of time changing dead batteries...



Day 2 of our Advent beer. Space Invader was a pleasant IPA with a moderate amount of citrus. We’ll drink this one again!



“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.”

~Dalai Lama XIV

No comments: