Tuesday, December 29, 2020

ten years ago today

 I had yesterday’s post all ready to go but after a break and re-read decided that it was too much of a whine. I’ll try to do better today.


I’ll start with the glorious sunshine that blessed us all day. From a soak in the tub luxuriating in the sunspot, to a drive in the countryside, it was a nice day. Nice, not awesome, those spectacular days are on hold for a few more months, kept away by COVID and sub-zero temperatures.


It was cold today but yesterday was above zero with a low ceiling of grey clouds. Much of the snow has melted;I can still see white but there’s lots of brown breaking through.


Today we are celebrating our Tenth year of retirement. Yes, 10 years ago today the last of my office stuff was boxed up and carried to the car. We celebrated that night with Olaf so it was only fitting to celebrate with him again tonight. We’ve all been through a lot this decade, some of us more than others.


bleak landscape


Sadly, the needles were starting to fall off my dining table boughs so with a tear in my eye I clear-cut leaving the surface barren of life. Would I have a chance to do it again? Next year there will hopefully be other people sharing our table leaving no room for greenery (or at least this much of it). But hold the boat! Why do I have to wait for a special occasion to deck the halls? Surely in the depth of January a few boughs would bring some life to the room.



"Hold fast to dreams,

For if dreams die

Life is a broken-winged bird,

That cannot fly.”

~Langston Hughes

No comments: