Saturday, December 5, 2020

Christmas Vacation

 The sun didn’t even bother showing up today. There might have been a few raindrops to ensure the muck has no chance of drying up. I’m wishing for clean white snow! 



I puttered around a bit this morning making hummus and other mundane things before getting the last few boxes of Christmas decorations out. With a playlist of my favorite Christmas music on my headphones I got to ‘work’. But WTH! It was like every joyous memory was turned inside out triggering a sort of anguish. I was seriously on the verge of bursting into tears but I was stubborn - this should be fun, I should be happy, I must be at least content. So I pushed on and faked it. Oh, there were times when the sadness abated, but alas, not for long. It wasn’t depression - I know well what that feels like - but sorrow played in my heart.



I’m not sure what it was all about. Maybe sadness at Christmases past? I wasn’t thinking of anything in particular, in fact I thought I was being rather mindful. Maybe it was really joy at being so lucky. So yes, tears of happiness… let’s go with that.


Chicken and dumplings was on the menu tonight. I’ve made it before a few times but forgot how long it actually takes to make! So many steps, but oh, so good. Thankfully it tastes much better than it looks!



We had a Czech lager tonight, a rather bland beer with a lovely colour. It will not be a repeat. What the heck! How did we choose so many average cans? Maybe we’ve saved the best for last? (I hope!).


And now ‘Christmas Vacation’ 🤣 


“Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.”

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

No comments: