Friday, December 4, 2020

bright coloured lights

 Again this morning the sun teased us before disappearing for the day behind soggy clouds. The heavy grey feeling in the air seeped inside, gobbling up shadows as it spread its dim countenance throughout the room. Alas, I felt that I had to wait till the afternoon to turn on the little lights and once the afternoon arrived it seemed to make sense to wait until 4pm, their automatic turn-on time. 



Part of my reluctance to start the lights was that we had an outing this afternoon - a joyous visit (not) to the groomers so that Adia could get a mani/pedi. She was the best she’s been and even ate treats during the process, something that she’s been too stressed to do till now.



I usually favor soft white Christmas lights but as you know, I made an exception for the outside spruce tree. It’s decked with coloured lights which I love. Carm picked up a set of medium multi-coloured leds so today, in my desperate quest for more good cheer, I strung them in the corner of the living room. They are festively situated at the corner of my eye when I’m sitting on the sofa. I would have preferred white but I’ve heard the Christmas shelves are bare - a big run on happiness this year (surprise).



Tonight’s beverage was a fresh Belgian IPA. We agreed that we’d drink it again but wouldn’t walk over burning coals to get to it. We paired it with a mixup of ribs, Greek potatoes, and sauerkraut.



“have i gone mad?

im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usually are.”

~Lewis Carroll

No comments: