Thursday, December 10, 2020

each one illuminated

 I was itching for an outing today so with our Advent beer fest in mind, as well as thoughts about some plates I’ve been seeing advertised at the grocery store, we travelled the 7 km to our nearby town. 


The LCBO had a good selection of beer, most of which were not at Foodland where we got the first batch. I knew to stay away from a few of them based on Trudie’s recommendation. We mostly stayed mainstream with IPAs but did deviate with a chocolate milkshake that we’ll have one day.


And the plates? Boo hiss. Not a plate to be seen. Once home I checked again and found out that the only store that has them is deep in the city. I suppose if we are going crazy for a drive, but I’m having a hard time getting my head around the idea of going into a busy city store. I’ll sleep on it.



We’ve been eating at the table most nights - one of the things I enjoy about having company is setting the stage on the table, hence my desire for more choice, more props, even if it is just for Carm and I. I’m working hard at finding things to bring a feeling of contentment and silly as it seems, a few different kinds of dishes would make me happy.



Talking about contentment… as we were driving home from our adventure I was struck at the gymnastics my bipolar brain is capable of… a lovely feeling of ‘peaceful easy feeling’ was superimposed by intense anxiety - I vacillated between the two faster than you can snap your fingers and sometimes they existed together… no wonder I’m a nut case!



Tonight we had an IPA from Flying Monkey. Time Surfing was a deliciously bright beer with no citrus. We’ve actually picked a few of their beers to have over the next few weeks. So much fun! We are enjoying our discoveries everyday - it’s a small thing to look forward to.



“There would be bad days, there always would. But she'd collect these good days, each one illuminated, and string them together until they glowed brightly in her memory like Christmas lights in a mirrored room.”

~Margarita Montimore

No comments: