Saturday, December 12, 2020

a tree on the roof

 Freezing rain and snow was in the forecast so I gave myself permission to have a totally lazy day (unlike all my other days - ha!). A long sleep in, followed by coffee and updating my log (so I know what I felt like yesterday 5 years from now 😨). After that I cuddled on the sofa to watch a Hallmark Christmas movie that thankfully was on the PVR as there were more commercials than you could imagine… painful without a fast forward feature! The movie actually had a plot! It was filmed in a town that I lived near over 35 years ago so it was fun to see familiar street scenes. Thankfully there weren’t hundreds of trees decorated to the nth degree in every scene so it didn’t feel ridiculously corny. I suppose I don’t have to tell you that it had a tear jerky ending...


After I dried my tears, I luxuriated in a lovely bubble bath with crazy music blasting, and then got the kitchen aid out to make cookies. Of course cookie making required Michael Buble’s Christmas album for some good cheer. I’ve got a giant list of varieties that I plan on making - Carm chose butter pecan for the first batch. Aside from the few that I put aside, they are tucked into the freezer. 


The worst of the weather has mostly held off - the sky has thrown some rain at us, nothing dire.



I chose a Guinness to go with our roast beef supper. Pot roast, potatoes, brussels sprouts, and of course yorkshire pudding, needed a hearty beer. It’s a bit of a cheat since we’ve had it before (although more than a year ago), but not during our Advent adventure. It was perfect. I’d forgotten how deliciously smooth Guinness is.



“She was learning, quite late, what many people around her appeared to have known since childhood that life can be perfectly satisfying without major achievements.”

~Alice Munro

No comments: