Sunday, December 20, 2020

gumdrops and jujubes

 Some sort of mad tailor with crooked eyes and shaking hands worked their magic on the men, dressing them with Jujubes, m&ms, and other candies. They are a ragtag bunch but really, it’s a miracle that they don’t look worse. The tremor in my hands that sometimes makes me hold my utensils with two hands was not my friend today. But I always liked the rustic look LOL.



Light snow fell for much of the day. There wasn’t much accumulation, just enough to make it look like Christmas outside. But it’s warm so the snow might melt by Thursday.


I’ve just let the water out of the tub and shaken out the boughs. They’ll have overnight to dry.


The news this evening is that a lockdown is looming. It’s not officially announced yet, but it’s expected to start at 12:01 am on the 24. So starting early Christmas Eve life will shut down. In reality it won’t affect us much but it does add a level of freak out. It’s been easy to pretend that there’s nothing wrong, but then something like this happens and zonk, it seems serious again. (I know, I know - I’ve always recognized the seriousness, that’s why we’ve barely left the house for months). Oh, and tonight makes 40 weeks since this whole shit show started.



We went with a simple Creemore IPA tonight. We both liked it. The flavour is subtle with a bit of bitterness and a hint of the IPA sweetness. It would be perfect for camping. It will go on the favorite list.



"I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, 'Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.'" 

~Lewis Carroll

No comments: