Thursday, December 3, 2020

handfuls of flour

 The sun peeked out from between the clouds a paltry number times and never for longer than a few minutes. I was tempted to turn on all my tiny lights well before noon but made myself hold off until late afternoon… Thinking of it now, it seems to be an arbitrary limit, a limit that is not joy inducing.


The dimly lit room bred a mood of similar lumens so today was a bit of a struggle, even though I’d taken the cbd. I had to work pretty hard at keeping an upbeat demeanor but managed quite well (another reason to turn on the lights early! dooh). 


What better way to get through a cloudy day than tossing flour around. First into the bowl, yeast. Our favorite recipe of Artisan bread was soon rising under a film of plastic wrap - this is a sticky dough and trust me, a regular dishtowel is a disaster in the making. As the yeast did its work I thawed a couple of bananas to make banana spice muffins. 



After a chilly play in the field with Adia we stepped into a house fragrant with fresh bread and cinnamon. mmmmmm….



I was attracted to today’s beer by it’s pretty blue can and fun name but I should have remembered that a pilsner is not a favorite for either of us. Will we drink it again… no. Sadly, I’m pretty sure there are a few more in our selections - note to self: stay with IPAs.  We had it with stuffed pepper soup and garlic knots.



“When we meet real tragedy in life, we can react in two ways--either by losing hope and falling into self-destructive habits, or by using the challenge to find our inner strength.”

~Dalai Lama XIV

No comments: