Sunday, December 6, 2020

dance party

Blue sky featured heavily today as I rejoiced at the sunshine. The sunspots in the living room were filled with dogs and yes, one human. When we did venture outside I wore my puffer coat zipped to my chin with its hood pulled tight over my head against the wind whipping cold air against my face.



I took a pass on Christmas music today, instead sticking with my ‘exercise’ playlist. Upbeat and fun I gyrated around the house for much of the afternoon, bits of words and phrases bursting out… sometimes wearing headphones makes it harder for the rest of the household. The dog’s are used to it but I think Carm was looking at me out of the side of his eye especially when I tried to entice him into my dance. It’s hard to dance without music I guess.


I was prepping for tonight's soup (broccoli cheddar) while gawking out the window (careful!) at the pink sky that was colouring the land in pastels. It was so pretty that I had to drop what I was doing to run outside to take photos. I didn’t bother to put a coat on so luckily the beauty warmed me from inside.



Last night’s showing of ‘Christmas Vacation’ sent me into my photo collection as I was sure there was a picture of Grandpa’s house covered in lights. I found the photo but strangely in my memory there were more lights (reminiscent of the Griswold’s house), but I guess a 4 year old’s eye is closer to the magic.



Tonight’s beer was an old favorite. ‘Masters of the Universe’ is a midrange IPA that we always enjoy. After so many nights of less than wonderful choices we felt that we needed something familiar. So far we like the Space Invader the best.



“You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness.”

~Jonathan Safran Foer


No comments: