Saturday, April 11, 2020

a fiery will from within

When my eyes finally flittered open this morning I could see a bit of blue sky peeking through the ½ moon window. That little window is the first place my eyes go to when they open in the morning; it’s a harbinger of the day to come although I shouldn’t let my mood be so tied to the state of the sky.


It was a late rising so it wasn’t much after my coffee that we took the dogs outside for Adia’s daily sprint around the field. Go dog go! She wasn’t the only one going fast… the clouds raced hell bent for leather across the sky. The wind was crazy and is supposed to be even worse as the weekend wears on. 

Today is cookie baking day and I might have had an epic fail… I’ve done peanut butter, chocolate chip, and thought to try oatmeal today, except I don’t have much brown sugar. Kirsten (it’s her fault I think), sent me a ‘no-bake’ recipe that looked intriguing. So… 20 minutes later I had several blobs (I can’t think of a more descriptive term) on waxed paper waiting to set. Three hours later they still haven’t set and don’t look like they will. WHAT am I supposed to do with these oat filled wonders? Save them to cook into porridge? Serve them on icecream? Make some sort of deviant apple crisp? I’ve stuck one tray into the fridge to see if that helps.

(a few hours later - cookies set up in the fridge - we’ve tasted and they were good although not a favorite).

I’ve brought out my fancy plates.


A message from the SweetLegs woman came up on my facebook feed this morning - buy one pair of leggings and get one free - today only. e-transfer and porch pickup to eliminate any contact. Well… I’ve been wearing the same two pairs for almost a month now so it seemed like an essential reason to get out of the house for a few minutes. I was excited and put on my jeans!

I chose two pairs from her webpage, paid, and off we went on our adventure. It was an easy pickup (no need to touch anything other than my disinfecting wipe. We took the long way home. It was so busy in the village that it could have been an ordinary day in an ordinary April. I couldn’t tell if there were a lot of people, or if it seemed that way to me since we see NO ONE at our house!

My new leggings are spending the night in the back of the car to give the virus time to die.


Headline tonight: Over 530,384 cases, with 20,513 deaths in the US. There are a total of 23,318 (22,148 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 653 (569 yesterday) deaths to date.


“It's essential you create a fiery will from within--harness that power of decisiveness--and choose to be your strongest self.”
Karen Salmansohn

No comments: