Wednesday, April 22, 2020

kind thoughts

When I let the dogs out this morning I was saddened to see more than a dusting of snow on the ground - I had to double check the calendar that it was in fact April… near the end of April. The sun had strength though and quickly melted the white reminder of winter as soon as the shade disappeared.


The day passed much like all the rest… mostly good with the odd bit of anxiety. It’s tricky to know what is causing what though as this is one of my hard time of year periods - looking back in my notes I can see that April and May are usually struggles… so I suppose it’s not too surprising that I have fragile moments.


Another experiment in the instant pot tonight. Deconstructed cabbage rolls were spooned into bowls. It doesn’t look like much, but Carm gave it 5/5 stars so I guess it will be a redo. Good thing we liked it though as we have enough leftovers for 2 more nights! 



Headline tonight:  848,735 cases, with 47,663 deaths in the US. There are a total of 40,190 (38,422 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 1,974 (1,834 yesterday) deaths to date.


“Perhaps you can feel if you can’t hear,” was her fancy. “Perhaps kind thoughts reach people somehow, even through windows and doors and walls. Perhaps you feel a little warm and comforted, and don’t know why, when I am standing here in the cold and hoping you will get well and happy again.”
~Frances Hodgson Burnett

No comments: