Sunday, April 19, 2020

cinnabon charades

It is a grey rainy day (sense a trend)? The skies have been crying raindrops all day, perhaps in an effort to bring forth life from the mucky earth. Sun would be more appropriate, but who am I to say.

After last week’s cinnamon bun failure I set myself to the task of trying another recipe. I picked a more promising one, starting with the use of yeast. Every step seemed to take forever, possibly due to my old yeast. Anyway, the timer beeped at me several times as I stepped through the recipe. Finally the time came to put them in the oven and soon the smell of baking bread flavoured with copious amounts of cinnamon stirred our appetites. 

     Cinnabon look out!

A final beep of the timer informed me that it was baked and ready to be slathered with icing. A few minutes later and I was serving hot buns onto plates. Sticky fingers, wide smiles and empty plates soon followed.

Bellies full, I started on prep for supper. Beef bourguignon with yorkshire pudding, mashed potatoes, asparagus, and carrots. Whew! That’s a lot of eating for one day - no wonder time is going so fast...


Which is worse? Photos of food or ancient pictures of me as a child?

How are you feeling about the US starting to open up the restrictions? I have mixed feelings - on one hand I’d love to see life get back to normal, but I think that is unrealistic and expect some sorts of restrictions for the next year. Hopefully we’ll be able to ease isolation but what is that going to look like? No groups bigger than 10? A free for all? Restrictions for over 70 and other vulnerable people? I don’t feel that I’ll be running out to the stores right away. Hopefully I’ll cautiously visit with other people that I feel are being responsible. I imagine that physical distancing guidelines will still be in effect so maybe there won’t be any candlelight dinners.  


Headline tonight:  763,579 cases, with 40,524 deaths in the US. There are a total of 35,056 (33,218 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 1,587 (1,469 yesterday) deaths to date.

“Much more surprising things can happen to anyone who, when a disagreeable or discouraged thought comes into his mind, just has the sense to remember in time and push it out by putting in an agreeable, determinedly courageous one. Two things cannot be in one place.”
~Frances Hodgson Burnett

No comments: