Wednesday, April 29, 2020

a tiny bit like a pancake

Day 45… I can’t think of anything to say about that. What is there to say except it is not the last. In the first few (40 or so) days I alternated between slightly manic and slightly depressed and often freaked out… now I’m stuck at flat, or what some people would call normal.

Normal is okay but not the greatest. All creativity has drained from my brain, leaving me slightly wordless. My brain is stodge. Books like ‘Secret Garden’ and as it turns out mindless romance ones are about the limit of my intelligence. I hope that it’s temporary. I suppose given what’s going on, flat is a good state to be in (but slightly manic is so much more fun - oh, to wax poetic about the colour of the sky).

We took a quick drive into the city so Carm could do a shop at Costco. The dogs now have lots of liver treats, and we have lots of bananas and flour. 

Tonight I made Greek potatoes along with a tiny bit of sausage, and some asparagus. I saw the recipe for the potatoes on facebook so thought I’d give it a try. Oh boy… so good! The leftovers will make awesome hash browns for breakfast. It seems that I can still cook at ‘flat’ which may or may not be a good thing. Thinking of making some bagels in a few days, and surely we’ll need cinnamon buns on the weekend.

How can it be Wednesday again already?

This is a photo of our property taken in 2003 by my Dad. Our property line is the 3 roads, and then the river to the left of the photo. I can’t see the horses, but they are hidden somewhere. 


Headline tonight:  1,063,351 cases with 61,618 deaths in the US. There are a total of 51,597 (50,026 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 2,996 (2,859 yesterday) deaths to date.


“She says it has nothing to do with what you look like, or what you have. It has only to do with what you think of, and what you do.”
Frances Hodgson Burnett

No comments: