Tuesday, April 28, 2020

first sunburn

Today was a taste of summer. The sun was strong (I got a sunburn) so we invited Jo Ellen and Don over for a social distant driveway visit. It’s easy to stay far apart in the laneway! I think this might actually become a ‘thing’ moving forward.

I had Adia tied up near us but it was a bit hot for her so she was in and out of the house a few times. Spike was stuck inside as he goes crazy when he sees Jo Ellen and I couldn’t imagine having to try to keep him away. 

Chicken and dumplings were on the menu tonight - thankfully I’d done most of the prep before J&D came over, otherwise I’m not sure it would have come together after an afternoon in the sun!


Headline tonight:  1,034,115 cases with 59,112 deaths in the US. There are a total of 50,026 (48,458 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 2,859 (2,704 yesterday) deaths to date.


“Strange as it may seem, I still hope for the best, even though the best, like an interesting piece of mail, so rarely arrives, and even when it does it can be lost so easily.”
Lemony Snicket

No comments: