Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Close Proximity


More sewing today got me another cushion finished as well as the tablecloth. Next on the agenda a quilted throw with the same two fabrics, plus two others. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to do this as I've never done any quilting, but since it's just for the camper I don't mind too much if it doesn't turn out perfectly - it will be a learning experience.


Today's word of the day is proximity (prahk-SIM-uh-tee noun : the quality or state of being proximate : closeness). With the camper in such close proximity (the laneway beside the house), and the weather turning warmer, I think it is almost time for the first driveway camp of the year. Even if we just have our supper out there it will give us a taste of what's to come. It is warm enough also to get the slide out to start a spring-cleaning. But I'll wait until I've gotten more sewing done so that I can re-decorate at the same time! I love re-decorating.


The fixings for last night's supper. We also had some leftover lentils and chickpeas.
The daily aim is for 1lb of raw vegetables and
1lb of cooked vegetables plus fruits and legumes.
It's a lot of food to eat in one day!

The Accidental BuddhistMy pleasures today: listening to "The Accidental Buddhist" while walking on the treadmill. I've been doing a bit of reading Buddhism, primarily for the meditations. I think there is a lot there that can help me to manage mania's and hopefully nip them in the bud. Likewise for depression. Being mindful seems like a good way to live, Buddhist or not ; sitting outside on the front porch in just a t-shirt, no coat, basking in the sun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

31 Day Challenge is "your spouse or significant other".

Carm is my rock. Sure, sometimes I don't always appreciate all of his qualities, but I'm not perfect either - or perhaps it's MY non-perfection that finds faults in him... I think I have to explore Buddhism a bit more to find that all-encompassing compassion. All that said, we have a great marriage and are able to spend all our waking hours together and still be happy with each other. Even after three months of retirement!

One of Carm's greatest qualities is his ability to move on with something once it has been decided upon. For example, when we got our first horse there were weeks/months of arguing and discussions before it was decided that I could go ahead and get one. As soon as that decision was made he became fully involved with the horses and was never once non-supportive. We put a lot of effort into keeping horses, building the barn ourselves, doing all the daily chores, fencing, haying, etc. He was with me every step of the way. This is not the only example of this quality, I could name numerous examples.


 

No comments: